2010 Indies Choice Book Award Winners


The American Booksellers Association, way back in April, announced the Indies Book Choice Awards. Books appearing on the 2009 Indie Next List were voted on by Independent bookstore owners and staff over a four week period. As a supporter of Independent bookstores (when and where ever possible), I thought I'd share their insights.


I thought I'd also check to see how they fared in predicting collectibles (not that that was their intention, after all, these are just damn fine books). At any rate, I've done a little research and have marked titles according to the key below:

[§] = signed copies currently garnering prices of $50 - $100
§] = signed copies currently garnering prices of $101 - $250
§§] = signed copies currently garnering prices of over $250
* = first editions already highly collectible
** = value may go up with additional printings 

And the winners were...

So far (some notable books) on the 2010 list:


So, Again, the lesson here? Buy signed copies whenever possible! Even if you don't have signed copies, it might be fun to see if you have any of these books on your shelves (in all honesty, I only have five in this list, although I've eyed quite a few in the bookstore). And if you don't have any? Well, now you have a great reading list courtesy of Independent bookstores everywhere! 

Labels: , , , ,