- Our Tragic Universe, Scarlett Thomas (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt). Sept. 1.
- Zero History, William Gibson (Putnam). Sept. 7.
- The Hilliker Curse: My Pursuit of Women, James Ellroy (Knopf). Sept. 7.
- Ape House, Sara Gruen (Random House). Sept. 7.
- C, Tom McCarthy (Knopf). Sept. 7.
- Storyteller: The Authorized Biography of Roald Dahl, Donald Sturrock (Simon & Schuster). Sept. 14.
- Before You Suffocate Your Own Fool Self, Danielle Evans (Riverhead). Sept. 23.
- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert, trans. Lydia Davis (Viking). Sept. 23.
- Untitled on the Obama Administration, Bob Woodward (Simon & Schuster). Sept. 27.
- By Nightfall, Michael Cunningham (FSG). Sept. 28.
- Nemesis, Philip Roth (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt). Oct. 5.
- Great House, Nicole Krauss (Norton). Oct. 12.
- Mourning Diary, Roland Barthes (Hill and Wang). Oct. 12
- How to Read the Air, Dinaw Mengestu (Riverhead). Oct. 14.
- Finishing the Hat: Collected Lyrics with Attendant Comments, Etc., Stephen Sondheim (Knopf). Oct. 26.
- The Instructions, Adam Levin (McSweeney’s). Nov. 1. This one came up last week in the Rumpus review, and will most likely be printed in a small run & is already being hailed as the best McSweeney's has ever published. Be sure to grab initial copies because first printings will run out quickly.
- The Petting Zoo, Jim Carroll (Viking). Nov. 4.
I will be receiving an advanced copy of this one, so keep an eye out for a review. (very excited).
- Life Times: Stories 1952–2007, Nadine Gordimer (FSG). Nov. 9.
- The Autobiography of Mark Twain, Vol. 1 (University of California Press). Nov. 15.
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer, Siddhartha Mukherjee (Scribner). Nov. 16.
- Richard Yates: A Novel, by Tao Lin (Melville House).
- Big Girls Don’t Cry, by Rebecca Traister (Free Press).
- Making Our Democracy Work, by Stephen Breyer (Knopf).
- Listen to This, by Alex Ross (FSG).
- Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow (Penguin).
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation, by Steven Johnson (Riverhead).
- Travels in Siberia, by Ian Frazier (FSG).
- The New Yorker Stories, by Ann Beattie (Scribner).
- Cleopatra: A Life, by Stacy Schiff (Little, Brown).
- Luka and the Fire of Life, by Salman Rushdie (Random House).
- Sunset Park, by Paul Auster (Henry Holt & Co.)