Loving Collectorz.com

Okay, you may not be there yet, but if you're collecting books, you'll want to keep track of them (and yes, as ooky and grown up as it sounds, have a list for your insurance agent - 'cuz even at face value, those books can add up).


I actually started organizing my books in Excel... slowly typing in the book titles, isbn numbers, whether or not it was a first print/first edition, the condition, the cover price, etc... (yawn).  THEN I discovered, for $30 I could download software from Collectorz.com (and for another $70 I could get the isbn scanner).  I still have to type some things in, but it is SO MUCH EASIER, and far less time consuming.


If you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod - you can also transfer your collection information to that -- so when you're out and about, shopping for books (as you do), you can be sure not to buy duplicates.


(of course, I don't have an iPhone. So I just rely on my trusty little notebook and pen - but whatever).


The team at Collectorz.com also has software for Music collections, comic books, etc.


Hop over to their Web site and give it a try - they have a free trial version just for you.

Labels: , ,