Book Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson



Stieg Larsson has the same, dark sensibility that usually keeps me away from Swedish authors, but he is so well written, and weaves multiple stories together with such a deft hand that I didn't even notice how absorbed I was until I refused to go to an outing without this book. Every ounce of the characters is filled with mystery and intrigue. They each have terrible flaws that make them either wonderfully (& tragically) human or utterly (& intriguingly) evil. I found that I was happily working right along with the characters to solve situations and unravel mysteries & it was pure enjoyment to do so.


First U.S. editions of this book are selling anywhere from $60 to $350 over at Abebooks.com (unsigned). Signed copies are generally going for about $2,000.


First U.K. editions (the true first English version of this book), are fetching even higher prices.


Amazon readers give it: 4 stars (out of 5)
Goodreads readers give it: 3.96 stars (out of 5)






Labels: , , , ,