Published August 3rd, 2010 in the U.S. and August 26th, 2010 in the U.K., I Am Number Four quickly sold out of first run prints. Of course, it didn't hurt that Steven Spielberg is already filming the movie (due out in February 2011).
Written by Pittacus Lore (a.k.a. James Frey of A Million Little Pieces fame) whom the books states is "a Loric Elder, from the Planet Lorien, which is three hundred million miles away. He is approximately ten thousand years old. He has been to earth hundreds of times, and he is here now."
Oddly enough, this title was also released in an "Adult version" and a "Young Adult version."
Product Description: In the beginning we were nine. We left when we were very young, almost too young to remember. Almost. And now . . . Three are gone. We are here to keep our race alive, which was almost entirely obliterated. We’re just trying to survive. Six are left. But we are hunted, and the hunters won’t stop until they’ve killed us all. They caught Number One in Malaysia. Number Two in England. And Number Three in Kenya. I am Number Four. I know that I am next.
- A limited edition of 500 (with slipcase) was published by Michael Joseph/Penguin, London, 2010. Those copies are listing for $100+ at AbeBooks.com.
- Advanced Reading Copies/Uncorrected Proofs of this title are listing for $90ish.
- First U.K. editions are listing for $65 (unsigned).
- Unfortunately, I've not been able to find any U.S. first editions listed.
I Am Number Four, Pittacus Lore
- Reading level: Young Adult
- U.S. Publisher: Harper; First edition (August 3, 2010)
Michael Joseph (August 26, 2010)
- U.K. Publisher (Adult version):
U.K. Publisher (Young Adult version): Puffin (August 26, 2010)
|Adult U.K. edition|
|Young Adult U.K. edition|
Labels: Hypermodern collectible, I am Number four, James Frey, Pittacus Lore, sci-fi, science fiction, YA