According to Subterranean Books in St. Louis, "The book was JUST released and it's [already] in its 3rd printing," so if you're looking for first editions, keep your eyes on AbeBooks, Alibris, and Amazon where copies are selling from $45 to $75 (unsigned).
And judging by the keyword searches that direct traffic to this blog, a lot of people are looking for Adam Levin's debut novel.
Both Amazon and Amazon UK are already selling copies (even though the release date is set for November 1, 2010). And members of The Rumpus Book Club should have received their copies in the last couple of weeks.
If you're looking for reviews, there are a few that have been posted by early readers:
If you're looking for signed copies or signing opportunities, Levin is on a book tour currently, so check out the Indy book stores in these cities:
- CHICAGO: October 21, 7:00 pm at Quimby's 1854 W. North Ave Plus an after party at 826 Chicago at 8 pm!
- ST. LOUIS: October 23, 5:30 pm at The Royale 3132 S Kingshighway (sponsored by Subterranean Books and Pudd'n Head Books)
- MILWAUKEE: October 25, 7:00 pm at Boswell Books 2559 N. Downer Avenue
- OAK PARK, IL: October 27, 7:00 pm at Oak Park Public Library 834 Lake Street
- PHILADELPHIA: November 3, venue TBD
- BROOKLYN: November 4, 7:00 pm at Book Court 163 Court Street
- BROOKLYN: November 5, 7:00 pm at WORD 126 Franklin St
- PROVIDENCE, R.I.: November 6, 7:00 pm at Rochambeau Library (Providence Community Library) 708 Hope Street
- CHICAGO: November 10, 7:00 pm at Book Cellar (Lincoln Park) 4736 N Lincoln Ave
- MINNEAPOLIS: November 18, 7:00 pm at Magers & Quinn 3038 Hennepin Ave.
Labels: Adam Levin, Hypermodern collectible, McSweeney's, The Instructions