A Bounty of Signed Editions (& Where to Find 'em)

There are times, it's amazing I know, when I simply do not want to go to the bookstore and bump elbows and exchange apologetic glances with strangers in hopes of finding that perfect book. Yes, there are times when I simply want to stay in the comfort of my own home. Thankfully (I think), the Internet makes it easy for me to find sources from the world at large while sitting in my comfiest of chairs (rubbing elbows and exchanging purrs with my cat).


Today is one of those days. So here is a small list of collectible signed editions that I found over at Powell's.  The prices seem extremely reasonable.  Book Passage also has signed first editions at list price, although their site is a bit harder to search (although I did notice that they have upcoming events with Jimmy Carter, Isabel Allende, and Alexander McCall Smith - so I'm sure there will be signed editions available).


How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, Charles Yu (signed)
$22 (Hardcover)
Signed editions list for $40 to $90 on AbeBooks.com



 The Four Fingers of Death, Rick Moody (signed)
$21 (used Hardcover)
Currently listing between $35 to $55 on Alibris and AbeBooks.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, Aimee Bender (signed).  $25.95 (new Hardcover)
listing for $50 to $80 online.  The slipcased edition from Powell's indieSpensable program lists for $120.




***
Small plug for Powell's indieSpensable program: 




***



The Wild Things, Dave Eggers (signed)
$19.95 (used Hardcover)
listing for $175+ online.



The High King of Montival, S.M. Stirling
$25.95 (new Hardcover)
listing for $45 online.

Labels: ,