From the Shelf Awareness Newsletter, selected new titles appearing next Monday and Tuesday, November 15 and 16:
- Autobiography of Mark Twain, Vol. 1 by Mark Twain (University of California Press, $34.95, 9780520267190/0520267192) reveals Twain's life in meandering, non-chronological order, including opinions he did not want published until long after death.
- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama (Knopf, $17.99, 9780375835278/037583527X) explores the characteristics of 13 important figures in American history through a letter to the President's daughters.
- Luka and the Fire of Life by Salmon Rushdie (Random House, $25, 9780679463368/0679463364) is a surreal adventure through the "World of Magic," a land with strangle creatures and video game logic.
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee (Scribner, $30, 9781439107959/1439107955) chronicles the history of cancer, cancer treatments and new research into the disease.
- Sterling's Gold: Wit and Wisdom of an Ad Man by Roger Sterling (Grove Press, $16.95, 9780802119896/0802119891) is the fictional memoir of a character from the TV series Mad Men.
- Decoded by Jay-Z (Spiegel & Grau, $35, 9781400068920/1400068924) is part memoir, part tribute to the genre of hip-hop.
- Cross Fire by James Patterson (Little, Brown, $27.99, 9780316036177/031603617X) pits Detective Alex Cross against a sniper assassinating corrupt politicians.
- Night Star by Alyson Noel (St. Martin's, $17.99, 9780312590987/0312590989) is the newest entry in the paranormal romance Immortals series.
Labels: 2010, book releases, list, November