- How to Read the Air by Dinaw Mengestu
- Beneath the Lion's Gaze, by Maaza Mengiste
- The Gendarme, by Mark Mustian
- Kapitoil, by Teddy Wayne
- Crossing Mandelbaum Gate, by Kai Bird
- Little Princes, by Conor Grennan
- Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
- For Us Surrender is Out of the Question, by Mac McClelland
- In the Place of Justice, by Wilbert Rideau
- The Warmth of Other Suns, by Isabel Wilkerson
Winners will be announced on November 13, 2011.
As an offshoot of the Dayton Peace Prize, the Dayton Literary Peace Prize awards a $10,000 cash prize each year to one fiction and one nonfiction author whose work advances peace as a solution to conflict, and leads readers to a better understanding of other cultures, peoples, religions, and political points of view.
Labels: 2011, awards, Dayton Literary Peace Prize, Dinaw Mengestu, fiction, How to read the air, Kapitoil, Mangiste, Mustian, nonfiction