Vintage Books is launching the Hogarth Shakespeare
collection this month, wherein a series of contemporary authors will re-envision Shakespeare's plays.
The first to be published is Jeanette Winterson's The Gap of Time
, a retelling of The Winter's Tale.
According to Vintage, this will be followed by "Howard Jacobson’s The Merchant of Venice in February , Anne Tyler’s The Taming of the Shrew in June  and Margaret Atwood’s retelling of The Tempest in October ." Additional authors in the series include: Tracy Chevalier, Othello; Gillian Flynn, Hamlet; Edward St. Aubyn, King Lear; Jo Nesbo, Macbeth.
You can acquire The Gap of Time via Amazon where two different editions appear to be listed: The Gap of Time (with red feather cover - U.K. edition) listing from $16.11 USD, or The Gap of Time (with roman numeral cover - U.S. edition) listing from $11.76 USD. Both editions are available in hardcover. The U.S. and U.K. editions were published simultaneously.
Signed editions can be found at Abebooks for $30 - $56 USD (most of which appear to be shipping from the U.K. - so be prepared for steep shipping charges).
- October 2015: Jeanette Winterson, The Gap of Time [The Winter's Tale]
- February 2016: Howard Jacobsen, untitled [The Merchant of Venice]
- June 2016: Anne Tyler, untitled [The Taming of the Shrew]
- October 2016: Margaret Atwood, untitled [The Tempest]
- 2016/2017: Tracy Chevalier, untitled [Othello]
- 2016/2017: Gillian Flynn, untitled [Hamlet]
- 2016/2017: Edward St. Aubyn, untitled [King Lear]
- 2016/2017: Jo Nesbo, untitled [Macbeth]
Labels: Anne Tyler, Hogarth Shakespeare, Howard Jacobsen, Jeanette Winterson, Margaret Atwood